Where will you be working?
Persons wishing to exercise the profession of insurance intermediary, intermediary in banking and investment services or intermediary in mortgage credit or in consumer credit must first be enrolled in the registers maintained by the FSMA. Each intermediary must, once registered, meet at all times all legal and regulatory conditions for registration. The FSMA is looking for administrative staff members to manage these registration dossiers.
What will your job entail?
Together with a team of some twenty colleagues, you will process, under the supervision of a legal advisor, the registration applications of these intermediaries and provide regular follow-up on their dossiers. You will also assist intermediaries by answering their questions, both during and after the registration process.
Registrations take place via an on-line application. The processing begins when the applicant intermediary has uploaded all required data and documents and has paid the registration costs. His or her dossier is then critically tested against the applicable legal and regulatory framework. Dossiers must be processed within legal deadlines. Efficient processing is therefore crucial.
You will, moreover, assist the legal advisors in the management of lenders’ authorization dossiers, and you will be involved in various other activities and projects.
What knowledge, experience and skills do you bring?
- A Bachelor’s diploma, preferably in law or in a financial discipline (insurance, banking, accounting, etc.).
- 1 to 2 years’ professional experience in the administrative management of financial activities.
- Basic knowledge of financial administrative law, company law and commercial law.
- Strong understanding of key financial concepts and practices.
- Excellent capacity for synthesis and analytical/organizational skills.
- Adaptability and attentiveness to interpersonal relations.
- Ability to maintain efficient and professional contacts with financial industry players and to defend positions before your interlocutors.
- Knowledge of common Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Solid competence in Dutch and a good command of French and English.
What do we offer you?
- A permanent full-time contract.
- Your work at the FSMA will have an important social impact, as you will do your bit for consumer protection.
- A competitive salary package with many fringe benefits (including group and hospital insurance, full reimbursement of public transport costs, a budget-friendly company cafeteria, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- A good work-life balance.
- Flexible working hours.
- But there is more. We offer many opportunities to those who wish to seize them. We provide numerous options for training and development. You will have space to take initiatives. And you will be collaborating on challenging projects. Rest assured that you will never be stuck in a rut.
- An easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.