Auditor with 5 years’ experience for the ‘Auditors’ unit of the Central Inspection Team of the FSMA.
The ‘Supervision of conduct of business rules and Central Inspection Team’ service of the FSMA is responsible for carrying out inspectors of all institutions subject to the supervision of the FSMA. The department also conducts quality checks at PIE audit firms on behalf of the Belgian Audit Oversight Board (BAOB).
The BAOB is the independent authority responsible for supervising the entire audit sector in Belgium, from sole practitioners to the largest audit firms.
As a supervisory authority, the BAOB ensures that tasks carried out by statutory auditors are of high quality, objective and independent, and it enforces the legislative and regulatory framework. For the most part, the BAOB does this preventively, but its mandate also includes conducting in-depth investigations into serious infringements.
The Belgian Audit Oversight Board calls on the services of FSMA inspectors to carry out inspections at major audit firms and to conduct quality checks of PIE auditors and audit firms.
We work mainly with and for people, and strive to enhance trust in financial information among families saving for the future, investors and all those who stand to benefit from correct financial – and soon non-financial – reporting by companies.
We are recruiting committed professionals who are interested in participating in a social mission and in contributing to the public interest, while enjoying competitive benefits and a good work-life balance.
Are you an auditor with a mission and a vision?
Convinced that society needs strong and critical statutory auditors?
Interested in working with a diverse group of talented professionals who are at the top of their field and strive for excellent audit quality and respect for the highest ethical and professional standards? If so, come and work with us, and send us your CV today.
Do you think you fit this profile and would like to talk it over before you send in your CV? If so, feel free to request a meeting with Ms Virginie Bassem, Coordinator of the FSMA’s inspection team, by sending an email to email@example.com.
WHAT WILL YOUR JOB ENTAIL?
- You will take part in on-site or remote inspections.
- You will work with colleagues on implementing the annual action plan (available in French and Dutch only) of the Belgian Audit Oversight Board and thereby contribute to the ongoing reinforcement of the quality of audits in Belgium.
- You will listen with an open mind to the arguments of the auditors and audit firms under the supervision of the BAOB.
- You will be working in a dynamic department where quality has absolute priority.
- You will contribute to improving our inspection methodology and work programmes.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DO YOU BRING?
- A university degree, such as a Master’s in Economics, Business Engineering, Finance, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an auditor, gained through increasing responsibilities at an audit firm.
- Explicit interest in auditing, audit quality, changes in the sector such as supervision of non-financial reporting, and in the many new developments, such as digitalization, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Adaptability and good interpersonal skills. Ability to work on a team and to take initiative.
- Strong analytical skills and capacity for synthesis. The ability to communicate in a logically structured manner both verbally and in writing, and to express complex topics in clear and unambiguous language.
- Efficiency, assertiveness and persuasive powers of argumentation.
- Solid competence in French and Dutch and a good command of English.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A permanent full-time contract.
- An opportunity to do your bit to protect society and strengthen trust in financial reporting.
- A competitive salary package with a many family-friendly and fringe benefits (including group and hospitalization insurance, full reimbursement of commuting costs, budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- A wide range of opportunities for learning and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work-life balance (teleworking a few days a week).
- Opportunities for internal mobility.
- Offices within easy reach of Brussels city centre.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.
Did you know that the FSMA has been awarded the certificate of ‘Baanbrekende Werkgever/Employeur Pionnier’ (Pioneering Employer)? For more information, please see the website FSMA: Baanbrekende Werkgever/FSMA: Employeur Pionnier '23.