Where will you be working?
The IT department is responsible for planning, developing, acquiring, maintaining and supporting, at the request of and in consultation with users, applications providing support for the operational activities of departments entrusted with supervisory or general interest tasks.
One of its project teams provides assistance for the financial and risk analysis of the institutions supervised by the FSMA. To strengthen that team, the FSMA is looking for an
Analyst Developer specializing in the development of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
What does your job entail?
You will be responsible for analysing, designing and developing:
- Database models such as Datawarehouse or Data Lakes.
- Interactive reporting and analysis interfaces that enable supervisory teams to visualize, evaluate and control financial and risk information stored in these databases.
- ETL (extraction, transformation and loading) flows of such information.
You will further be tasked with:
- The training and coaching of staff in the use of the solutions.
- The deployment and adaptive maintenance of solutions.
Particular emphasis will be placed on systems performance (response time) and the user‑friendliness of the user interface.
Projects are carried out in teamwork and require an excellent adaptiveness to innovative technologies.
What knowledge, experience and skills do you have to offer?
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- You have an analytical mind and combine this with a capacity for synthesis; Your strengths are accuracy and professionalism.
- You have solid competence in French, Dutch and Engish.
- You are able to express yourself orally and in writing in a clear and structured manner.
- You are a team player but also work well independently.
- Professionalism: competence, correct behaviour and commitment to advancement.
- At least five years’ experience as BI Analyst Developer in a Microsoft BI production environment.
- At least five years’ experience in the conception and development of Power BI and Reporting Services reports.
- Pratical experience in implementing Business intelligence projects in a context where data integration, data quality and user experience (UX) are key success factors.
Expertise in modelling
- Relational database modelling
- Modelling of multidimensional or tabular cubes
Expertise in Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Particular interest and/or experience in
- R or Python programming in a production environment
- Microsoft Azure and BI solutions development, Advanced Analytics, Big data
What we offer
- The chance to contribute to the protection of financial consumers.
- A competitive salary package with many fringe benefits (including group and hospital insurance, full reimbursement of public transport costs, a budget-friendly company dining room, contribution toward mobile phone and internet subscriptions, non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- A wide range of opportunities for learning and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work-life balance (possibility of teleworking).
- Opportunities for internal mobility.
- Easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.