Are you passionate about communication? Money matters don’t spook you? Are you interested in financial education? Would you like to contribute to a societal project?
Then come and join the FSMA team and become a communications project manager with the financial education department.
Where will you be working?
Wikifin is the financial education programme of the FSMA, the Belgian Financial Services and Markets Authority. The main task of the FSMA is to protect consumers of financial products. To improve the population’s financial literacy, the FSMA has designed the Wikifin programme, which is structured around 3 pillars:
- A website designed for the general public, offering independent and useful information on money matters (https://www.wikifin.be). The website now attracts more than 4 million visits per year, and that number is constantly growing. Each year, Wikifin organizes “Money Week”, conducts numerous awareness-raising campaigns in the media, with a particular focus on social media, and publishes a monthly newsletter.
- A Wikifin School platform, with a wide range of educational tools and training materials for teachers, to help them bring financial education into their classrooms (available in Dutch and French only: https://www.wikifin.be/nl/wikifin-school or https://www.wikifin.be/fr/wikifin-school)
- The Wikifin Lab, an interactive experience centre for financial education where secondary-school students are given a chance to experience different financial situations drawn from daily life (available in Dutch and French only: https://www.wikifin.be/nl/wikifin-lab or https://www.wikifin.be/fr/wikifin-lab).
What will your job entail?
- With the other team members and in particular with the Content Manger, developing the communication plan and strategy to meet the programme’s objectives (such as increasing the number of visits to the website, reaching certain target groups, growing the number of subscribers to the newsletter, expanding the reach of social media, promoting the Wikifin Lab, etc.).
- Designing the communication campaigns from A to Z (briefing, follow-up, budget management, etc.) and seeing to their operational implementation, with the support of the team, other FSMA services, external suppliers and/or partners. In working out the specifics of the overall communication campaigns, you will have the support of an external communications firm.
- Helping to design the Wikifin programme’s KPIs and following up on them in order to monitor the effectiveness of communication campaigns for various target groups and enhance their impact.
- Serving as the central point of contact for the external communications firm and for other team members in connection with all communication campaigns for the Wikifin programme (website for the general public, Wikifin School and the Wikifin Lab).
- Together with the content manager, managing Wikifin’s social media channels.
What knowledge, experience and skills do you have to offer?
- A Master’s degree and at least five years’ relevant experience as a communications officer, ideally in a B2C context.
- The knowledge needed for coordinating and implementing multimedia communication campaigns from A to Z.
- Excellent writing and communication skills for various media; the ability to write, assess and edit texts with complex content as well as short texts.
- A strong interest in the latest communication trends.
- Willingness to examine financial topics in depth; experience in the banking or insurance sector is an asset.
- An analytical and critical mind.
- The ability to work in a structured manner, and strong planning and organizational skills.
- Results-orientedness and a pragmatic mindset.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to withstand stress and openness to change.
- Dutch native-speaker with a good knowledge of French.
What do we offer you?
- The chance to do your bit for consumer protection via financial education.
- A competitive salary package with many fringe benefits (including group and hospital insurance, full reimbursement of public transport costs, a budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- A wide range of opportunities for learning and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work/life balance (possibility of teleworking).
- Opportunities for internal mobility.
- Easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.