Are you interested in financial education? Do you have a genuine interest in financial topics? Are you skilled at translating complex subjects into simple language? Would you like to contribute to a social project?
Then come and join our team at the FSMA!
And become a content manager with the Financial Education department.
Where will you be working?
Wikifin is the financial education programme of the FSMA (Financial Services and Markets Authority). The main task of the FSMA is to protect consumers of financial products. In order to improve citizens’ financial literacy, Wikifin has developed a programme based on 3 pillars:
- For the general public, a website offering neutral and practical information on money matters (www.wikifin.be). The website receives more than 4 million visits a year, and that number is constantly growing. Each year, Wikifin also organizes "Money Week" and pursues numerous awareness-raising activities in the media, with a particular focus on social media. These actions are often set up in collaboration with various governmental and non-profit organizations.
- A platform hosting a wide range of educational tools and training materials for teachers, to help them provide financial education in the classroom (https://www.wikifin.be/nl/wikifin-at-school).
- The Wikifin Lab, an interactive experience centre for financial education that is unique in the world (available in Dutch and French only: http://www.wikifin.be/nl/wikifin-lab or www.wikifin.be/fr/wikifin-lab)
What will your job entail?
- With the other members of the Wikifin team (and in close cooperation with the Marketing Communication expert, in particular), you will develop a content strategy that is tailored to Wikifin’s target audience.
- You will deploy the content strategy on a daily basis, via various media:
- The Wikifin website
- The monthly Wikifin newsletter
- Social media
- You will ensure that the content on the Wikifin website is always up to date, so as to guarantee that the information it provides is reliable. You will do this on the basis of your expertise and research, and in collaboration with both the FSMA’s internal experts and external consultants.
- You will write texts for the Wikifin website and optimize them with a view to SEO.
- Together with the Marketing Communication expert and the webmaster, you will analyse the use of the Wikifin website and integrate these analyses into the content strategy.
- You will closely follow the financial news.
- You will expand your network of experts.
What knowledge, experience and skills do you bring?
- A Master’s degree in economics, law, communications or in the broader field of human sciences or a comparable degree.
- At least five years’ experience as an editor, journalist, copywriter, content manager, etc. A link with the financial world would be a definite asset.
- Excellent communication and writing skills for the various information channels (website, newsletter, social media, etc.).
- The ability to translate complex subjects into easy-to-understand language that is accessible to a diverse target audience.
- A strong interest in financial and economic topics.
- Experience with content management and web analytics tools is an asset.
- You work in a structural fashion and have good planning and organizational skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You are a good organizer and see to it that plans are effectively implemented.
- You are a true team player.
- The ability to fit into a highly structured institution such as the FSMA, with its high quality expectations at work.
- You adapt quickly and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Dutch and a good knowledge of French.
- Respect for confidentiality.
- Excellent knowledge of the commonly used Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
What do we offer you?
- The opportunity to contribute to consumer protection, specifically by means of financial education.
- A competitive salary package with many fringe benefits (e.g. group and hospitalization insurance, full reimbursement of public transport costs, budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.);
- A wide range of opportunities for learning and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work/life balance (possibility of teleworking).
- Opportunities for internal mobility.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.