Would you like to contribute to better consumer protection and to increasing public trust in the financial sector?
Then come and join our team at the FSMA!
And become an economist or a legal advisor in the “Supervision of asset management and of bank savings and investment products” department.
WHERE WILL YOU BE WORKING?
The mission of the “Supervision of asset management and of bank savings and investment products” department of the FSMA includes monitoring offers of banking products, structured products and alternative products such as cryptoassets. Nowadays, consumers are increasingly targeted by a booming crypto sector.
WHAT WILL YOUR JOB ENTAIL?
- You will be responsible for monitoring crypto-related advertisements.
- You will work in close collaboration with colleagues in the International Relations Department, whose tasks include monitoring and guiding regulatory developments at European level.
- You will closely follow up on the blockchain technology and on developments in the cryptoworld, as well as on the evolution of the legal framework.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DO YOU BRING?
- A Master’s degree in Applied Economics, Commercial and Financial Sciences or Business Engineering, or a Master’s degree in Law.
- Preferably three years’ professional experience in the cryptoassets/blockchain sector and/or in the financial sector.
- A good knowledge of financial products and, more specifically, of structured products.
- Familiarity with new technologies. Knowledge of the blockchain technology and of cryptos is an asset.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and a capacity for synthesis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a keen interest in rendering complex material in clear, unambiguous terms.
- An interest in the challenges facing the financial world (sustainability, digitalization, fintech, big data, etc.).
- Ability to maintain efficient and professional contacts with financial sector participants and to defend positions vis-à-vis your interlocutors.
- The ability to adapt to new situations and attentiveness to interpersonal relations.
- Commitment to the tasks of general interest with which the FSMA is entrusted.
- Solid competence in Dutch or French and a good command of English and of the other national language.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
- A full-time job with a permanent contract.
- The chance to do your bit for consumer protection.
- You can expect a competitive salary package with a wide range of fringe benefits (including group and hospitalization insurance, full reimbursement of public transport costs to and from work, budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- Numerous options for training and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work/life balance (possibility of teleworking a few days a week).
- Easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.