Would you like to contribute as an economist to building trust in the financial sector and to protecting consumers?
If so, come and join our team at the FSMA!
And become an economist in the 'Supervision of asset management and of bank savings and investment products' department.
Where will you be working?
The FSMA’s ‘Supervision of asset management and of bank savings and investment products’ department is tasked with supervising management companies of undertakings for collective investment and portfolio management and investment advice companies.
- Being a specialist, you monitor the consistency of supervisory practice. Furthermore, as a file manager, you are responsible for the processing of applications for authorization and for the ongoing supervision of a number of companies.
- In doing so, as an economist, you pay special attention to the business model, the activities and services as well as the quantitative reporting of those companies, without losing sight of the legal framework.
- You also collaborate with the FSMA’s Central Inspection Team to help prepare and to participate in inspection assignments at those companies, and to monitor the results.
- As a staff member of the ‘assets-products’ team, you work closely with colleagues in your own department as well as from other departments, among which the ‘supervision of conduct of business rules’ team, the ‘enforcement - perimeter supervision’ and the ‘point of contact for FinTech initiatives’ teams.
What do you bring?
- You have a master’s degree in Applied Economic Sciences, Commercial and Financial Sciences or Commercial Engineering.
- You have an affinity with the business models of the companies concerned and are prepared to familiarize yourself more closely with their practical organization.
- You have strong organizational and analytical skills and a capacity for synthesis.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills and an explicit interest in expressing complex matters in clear and unambiguous language.
- You are a team player but you also work well independently.
- Your strengths are your adaptability, goal-orientedness, assertiveness and persuasive powers of argumentation.
- You are Dutch speaking with a thorough knowledge of French, and you have a good knowledge of English.
- You have a good knowledge of the commonly used Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
What do we offer you?
- Full-time work with a permanent contract.
- The chance to contribute to consumer protection.
- A competitive salary package with many fringe benefits (e.g. group and hospitalization insurance, full reimbursement of public transport costs, budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- A wide range of opportunities for learning and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work/life balance (possibility of teleworking).
- Opportunities for internal mobility.
- Easy to reach location in the centre of Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.