You will be working in the ‘Transversal supervision of financial products’ department. Your primary task will be to collect and analyse financial data and use such data for purposes of applying a risk model to the supervision of insurance products. You will also be involved in research into several economic aspects of an insurance product. Together with the other staff members in the department, you will conduct supervision of compliance of insurance products with the applicable legislation and regulations, including the legislation on advertising for insurance products.
A master’s degree in economic or actuarial sciences.
- Knowledge of insurance products or of financial products more generally.
- Knowledge of data analysis.
- Good knowledge of financial legislation is an asset.
- Ability to maintain contacts and conduct negotiations with insurers and intermediaries.
- Commitment to the tasks of general interest with which the FSMA is entrusted.
- Analytical skills and capacity for synthesis.
- Excellent capacity for logical structuring of oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability and attentiveness to interpersonal relations.
- Goal-orientedness, assertiveness and capacity for argumentation.
- Sense of measure and proportionality.
- Commitment to the characteristic values of professionalism: competence, correct behaviour and commitment to advancement.
- Solid competence in Dutch, French and English.
- Knowledge of the commonly used Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
At least three years’ experience in the financial sector is required.
- The chance to do your bit for the protection of financial consumers.
- A competitive salary package with many fringe benefits (e.g. group and hospitalization insurance, full reimbursement of public transport costs, budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- A wide range of opportunities for learning and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work/life balance (possibility of teleworking).
- Opportunities for internal mobility.
- Easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.