Would you like to contribute as an international policy expert to building trust in the financial sector and to protecting consumers?
Then come and join our team at the FSMA!
WHERE WILL YOU BE WORKING?
The ‘International Relations and Sustainability Policy’ service coordinates the FSMA’s international activities and its relations with international organizations and European institutions. The service is involved in negotiating European and international regulations and standards for the financial markets and the FSMA’s other supervisory domains. It reports directly to the Chairman of the Management Committee and also assists him in his international mandates within ESMA and IOSCO.
- As an international policy expert, you will be responsible, together with your colleagues in the service, for coordinating the FSMA’s international relations.
- You will help formulate the FSMA’s policies in international fora, in close consultation with the supervisory services.
- You will help speak for the FSMA vis-à-vis the outside world and take part in representing the FSMA at European and international levels.
- You will play an important role in interactions with the European Supervisory Authorities for financial markets and insurance.
- In addition, you will work closely with colleagues within the service and in the supervisory services of the FSMA and will build a network of contacts with colleagues abroad.
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- A Master’s degree or doctorate in (applied) economics, management engineering or law.
- Substantial professional experience, including relevant experience in European and Belgian financial legislation and regulations.
- Affinity with the financial sector and its challenges around digitalization and sustainability is an asset.
- An explicit interest in international policy-making and a wish to be part of a dynamic international environment.
- A proactive approach, strong analytical and organizational skills and a capacity for synthesis.
- Proven excellent oral and written communication & presentation skills, especially as regards diplomatic and creative negotiation in international and multidisciplinary settings.
- You are a team player but also work well independently.
- Your strengths include adaptability, eagerness to learn, solution-oriented thinking and a talent for multidisciplinary work.
- Willingness to travel regularly for your job.
- Solid competence in Dutch, French and English.
- Good knowledge of the commonly used Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
- Full-time work with a permanent contract.
- A fascinating and diverse set of tasks that allow you to contribute to protecting consumers.
- A competitive remuneration package with many fringe benefits.
- Ample opportunity for development in a high-quality work environment with high job satisfaction.
- Privileged involvement in current developments in national, European and international policy.
- A collegial work environment, flexible working hours & possibility of teleworking
- Easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.