- Would you like to serve the public interest?
- Do you have solid experience?
- Are you interested in external audit and administrative law?
Then come and join the Belgian Audit Oversight College!
The Belgian Audit Oversight College is a public authority that contributes to the public interest by providing public supervision of external auditors.
External auditors play an essential role in the Belgian economy. The College’s mandate is to ensure that external auditors comply with the obligations imposed on them, and it monitors the quality of the work performed by external auditors. The FSMA prepares and implements the decisions of the College. The FSMA is looking for an experienced legal counsel for the College.
Join us on the College as a legal counsel! You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparing the investigation dossiers that form part of the administrative proceedings which the College brings before the FSMA’s Sanctions Committee, the body competent to take measures and impose sanctions on external auditors.
- Handling supervisory dossiers and alerts submitted by whistleblowers.
- Drawing up legal and regulatory texts relating to the College’s areas of competence.
- Defining positions taken by the College on questions of interpretation, which constitute the College’s body of case law.
- Participating in the College’s national and international cooperation, including the negotiation of memoranda of understanding with other national and international institutions.
- Providing legal support to the College’s operations and to the application of the relevant legal framework to external auditors.
- You hold a Master’s in law.
- You have at least five years’ relevant professional experience as legal counsel with a law firm, a company and/or an institution.
- You have an advanced level of French and Dutch and a good command of English.
- You are interested in external audit and administrative law.
- You have excellent writing and analytical skills.
- You are able to address complex legal questions efficiently and, where necessary, in depth, exhibiting great precision and applying a reliable method of analysis.
- You are open to handling legal questions in a wide range of areas and in a European context.
- You are professional, stress-resistant, assertive and rigorous.
- A permanent contract in an enriching environment.
- A competitive salary package with several fringe benefits (e.g. hospitalization insurance and group insurance, public transport costs reimbursed at 100%, company dining room at a reduced price, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, etc.).
- Good work-life balance, flexible working hours, and an excellent working environment.
- Easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.