Would you like to contribute as a legal counsel to building trust in the financial sector and to protecting consumers?
Then come and join our team at the FSMA!
And become a legal counsel with our Enforcement department.
WHERE WILL YOU BE WORKING?
You will be based in the Perimeter unit within the Enforcement department. The Enforcement department is headed by the investigations officer of the FSMA.
The Perimeter unit investigates unlawful offers of financial products (such as offers that do not comply with the obligation to issue a prospectus, offers of investment services by providers who are not authorized to do so or which violate protective terms and conditions) and cases of investment fraud (such as boiler rooms, pyramid schemes and fake credits). It takes the necessary measures to put an end to such practices. The Unit also replies to reports filed by consumers.
With regard to investment fraud, the Unit issues warnings to the public about companies that are unlawfully offering their services within Belgium and recommendations for the public. The Unit also transmits information to the public prosecutor’s office where necessary.
WHAT IMPACT WILL YOU HAVE?
The department is currently looking for a legal counsel for the Perimeter unit.
Your duties will be
- To analyse dossiers about unlawful offers and distribution of financial products and services.
- To draw up warnings about these.
- To deal with individual individual cases.
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- You have a Master's degree in law.
- You are familiar with the financial legislation or are prepared to familiarize yourself with it in the short term.
- You have an analytical mind and combine this with a capacity for synthesis. Your strengths are accuracy and professionalism.
- You have solid competence in French and Dutch.
- You are able to express yourself orally and in writing in a clear and structured manner.
- You are a team player but also work well independently.
- Professionalism: competence, correct behaviour and commitment to advancement.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
- The chance to do your bit for consumer protection.
- A competitive salary package with many fringe benefits (e.g. group and hospitalization insurance, full reimbursement of public transport costs, budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- A wide range of opportunities for learning and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work/life balance (possibility of teleworking).
- Opportunities for internal mobility.
- Easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.