The Policy service analyses the trends and vulnerabilities of the financial sector, as a framework for the FSMA’s action plan.
The service also plays an important role in interpreting the relevant European legislation (MiFID II, IDD, etc.) and develops transversal projects within the FSMA on topics such as FinTech, anti-money laundering legislation and cybersecurity.
The service also represents the FSMA on numerous groups within various international organizations, including ESMA, EIOPA, GAFI and IOSCO.
As legal counsel, you will contribute to developing these projects and carrying out various tasks.
A Master’s degree in law, preferably with additional training in economics.
- Explicit interest in the financial markets;
- Thorough knowledge of the European legislation, including MiFID II and/or IDD, is an asset;
- Talent for fostering enthusiasm and managing projects.
- Commitment to the tasks of general interest with which the FSMA is entrusted;
- Analytical skills and capacity for synthesis;
- Excellent capacity for logical structuring of oral and written communication;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Goal-orientedness, assertiveness and persuasive powers of argumentation;
- Flexibility and a sense of measure and proportionality;
- Professionalism: competence, correct behaviour and commitment to advancement;
- Solid competence in Dutch, French and English.
Several years of experience in the financial sector or the academic world.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.