The MiFID directive: investing in financial products
The following paper gives a brief summary, not an exhaustive description, of the rights conferred on consumers by the MiFID directive. To see the full text of the directive, please follow this link.
Prior to investing
- What type of client are you?
- For which services are you eligible?
- What information should you receive prior to investing?
While and after investing
- What happens when you instruct a firm to execute an order?
- What information will you receive while and after investing?
Permanent requirements for firms
- Prevention of conflicts of interests
- Safeguarding your money and your financial assets
- Complaints procedure