The Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA), XBRL Belgium and the National Bank of Belgium (NBB) have organized an information session about the European Single Electronic Format (ESEF) on 10 October 2018.
The European Single Electronic Format (ESEF) is the electronic reporting format in which issuers listed on EU regulated markets shall prepare their annual financial reports from 1 January 2020. IFRS consolidated financial statements contained in those reports shall be labelled with XBRL ‘tags’ which make the labelled disclosures structured and machine-readable.
During this event regulators, listed companies with (i)XBRL experience and experienced stakeholders shared their insights on the ESEF roadmap towards 2020 to help prepare for structured electronic reporting.
- Preparing for the European Single Electronic Format (presentation by FSMA, Annemie Rombouts)
- The European Single Electronic Format: An overview of ESMA’s draft RTS (presentation by ESMA, Anna Sciortino)
- ESEF: Challenges and opportunities (presentation by FSMA, Johan Lembreght)
- Impact of the European Single Electronic Format on the IFRS annual report (presentation by UCB, Caroline Vancoillie)
- Structured Data: Impact on analyst profession (presentation by Hans Buysse, user representative)
- AB InBev testimonial about XBRL filings in the US (presentation by AB InBev, Gilles Saint-Remi)
- Listed companies, prepare for annual reports in European Electronic XBRL format (presentation by Ignacio Boixo, the founder of the Openfiling Association)