Would you like to contribute as a data analyst to better consumer protection and to increasing public trust in the financial sector?
Come and join our FSMA team and become a data analyst at the ‘Data analytics expertise centre’
WHERE WILL YOU BE WORKING?
The ‘Data analytics expertise centre’ occupies a key role in developing and rolling out data-driven supervision at the FSMA. As a data analyst, you will conduct project-based data analyses, provide advice and support for the implementation of innovative projects in various supervisory areas, and search for new data-driven applications that can support supervision.
WHAT WILL YOUR JOB ENTAIL?
- You will be working on various innovative projects that help the different supervisory areas work in a data-driven manner.
- You will be involved in conducting analyses as part of financial supervision, for which you will make use of external or internal data (MiFIR database, EMIR, Solvency 2 etc.).
- You will assist the operational supervisory services in developing and implementing risk models and will thereby contribute to a risk-based approach to supervision.
- You will search for new applications of data-driven supervision at the FSMA, and to this end will be in contact with various supervisory areas.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DO YOU BRING?
- A Master’s degree in a highly data-driven field (e.g. economics, business engineering, actuarial science, applied science, statistics or a similar discipline); a doctorate is an asset.
- Preferably several years of professional experience as a data analyst or in the academic world.
- Strong data processing skills and knowledge of a programming language (the R software package is an advantage).
- An explicit interest in financial markets and products, as well as in the various new developments in those areas.
- Strong adaptability and interpersonal skills. Ability to work on a team and to take initiative.
- Strong analytical skills and a capacity for synthesis. Ability to communicate in a logical, structured manner both verbally and in writing.
- Goal-orientedness, assertiveness and persuasive powers of argumentation.
- Affinity with the tasks in the public interest entrusted to the FSMA.
- Solid competence in Dutch and a good knowledge of French and English.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
- A full-time job with a permanent contract.
- The chance to do your bit for consumer protection.
- A competitive salary package with many fringe benefits (e.g. group and hospitalization insurance, full reimbursement of the cost of commuting to/from work, budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- A wide range of opportunities for learning and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work/life balance (teleworking a few days a week).
- Opportunities for internal mobility.
- Offices within easy reach of Brussels city centre.
Please note that each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.
By the way, did you know that the FSMA has been designated ‘Baanbrekende Werkgever/Employeur Pionnier’ (Pioneering Employer)? You can find more info here: FSMA: Baanbrekende Werkgever '23