Do you consider honest and fair treatment of financial consumers important? Would you like to help monitor the honesty and integrity of actors in the financial sector?
Then come and join our team at the FSMA!
Become a multifunctional Management Assistant in the ‘Supervision of asset management and of bank savings and investment products’ department.
Where will you be working?
The department is made up of several bilingual teams, each of which handles one particular topic within the above-mentioned area of supervision. These include supervision of undertakings for collective investment (UCIs, which collect capital from investors and manage those funds in accordance with a particular investment policy) and management companies of UCIs, as well as the supervision of advertisements for UCIs or cryptos.
What will your job entail?
- Proofreading, adjusting the layout and putting the finishing touches on letters, reports and memos.
- Handling the correspondence and email (registration, dispatching, follow-up and filing) and collaborating on other administrative follow-up tasks.
- Creating and updating dossiers.
- Organizing internal and external meetings and sometimes business travel.
- Helping out, as needed, with other tasks in order to streamline and support the operations of the department.
What knowledge, experience and skills do you bring?
- A Bachelor’s diploma (non-university) in office management, marketing, communications, or a professional bachelor’s with a legal or financial focus.
- Solid competence in Dutch or French and a good command of the other national language.
- Strong analytical skills and a capacity for synthesis.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and attentiveness to interpersonal relations.
- Flexibility, good organizational skills and the ability to set priorities. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of the commonly used Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Familiarity with SharePoint is an asset.
What do we offer you?
- A varied job.
- A permanent full-time contract.
- Your work at the FSMA will have an important social impact, as you will be contributing to consumer protection.
- You can expect a competitive salary package with a wide range of family-friendly and fringe benefits (including group and hospitalization insurance, full reimbursement of public transport costs, budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- Good work-life balance (a few days teleworking per week).
- Flexible working hours.
- And there is more. We offer many opportunities to those who wish to seize them. We provide numerous options for training and development. You will have space to take initiatives. And you will be collaborating on challenging projects. Rest assured that you will never be stuck in a rut.
- Easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.
By the way, did you know that the FSMA has been designated ‘Baanbrekende Werkgever/Employeur Pionnier’ (Pioneering Employer)? You can find more info here: FSMA: Baanbrekende Werkgever '23/ FSMA: Employeur Pionnier '23.