Would you like to contribute as an economist to building trust in the financial sector and to protecting consumers?
Then come and join our team at the FSMA and become an economist with the Central Inspection Team!
WHERE WILL YOU BE WORKING?
You will be working for the ‘Central Inspection Team and Supervision of conduct of business rules’ department. The Central Inspection Team carries out inspections at all institutions under FSMA supervision. It also conducts quality control checks at statutory audit firms (public interest entities) on behalf of the Belgian Audit Oversight Board. The department fulfils a key role in supervising compliance with conduct of business rules. These require companies to act honestly, fairly, and professionally towards their clients.
WHAT WILL YOUR JOB ENTAIL?
- You will be working at a dynamic department where quality is the top priority. As a staff member, you will specialize in one or more areas of competence. You will receive the support of colleagues who belong to the top of their field of expertise.
- You will take part in inspections at a distance and on site.
- You will contribute to the improvement of our inspection methodology.
- You will listen with an open mind to the arguments put forward by the institutions under supervision.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DO YOU BRING?
- You hold a Master’s degree in a field such as economics, business engineering, finance, etc.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience as an economist, compliance officer, data analyst, auditor, IT auditor, consultant to the financial sector or risk manager.
- An explicit interest in financial markets and products, as well as in the various new developments in those areas.
- Adaptability to new situations and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work as a team and to take initiative.
- Strong analytical skills and a capacity for synthesis. Ability to communicate in a clear and structured manner both verbally and in writing and to express complex issues in plain language.
- Goal-orientedness, assertiveness and persuasive powers of argumentation.
- Solid competence in French and Dutch and a good command of English.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
- A full-time job with a permanent contract.
- The chance to do your bit for consumer protection.
- A competitive salary package with many fringe benefits (e.g. group and hospitalization insurance, full reimbursement of commuting costs, budget-friendly company dining room, contribution to your mobile phone and internet subscriptions, additional non-statutory holidays, bank holidays, etc.).
- A wide range of opportunities for learning and development.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good work/life balance (possibility of teleworking a few days a week).
- Opportunities for internal mobility.
- Easy to reach location in central Brussels.
Each member of the FSMA staff is subject to a strict code of ethics and is bound by the obligation of professional secrecy.