What to do if you have been the victim of fraud?
- Don't send any more money. Even if the company makes the payout of returns conditional on an additional payment and/or the payment of a tax. These additional demands are often the sign of fraud.
- File a complaint with the police. Consult www.politie.be for contact information.
- Inform the FSMA. What can the FSMA do for you?
- Beware of further attempts at fraud. You may be contacted again by fraudsters who claim to be able to help you recover your investment. More information about recovery rooms.
- Stay calm if you are contacted again, don't take any hasty decisions and don't give in to pressure or threats by fraudsters.