Banking, credit, or investment service

If you have a complaint about banking services or credit or investment services, we advise you to address your complaint in the first instance to the complaints department of the financial institution in question (bank, stockbroking firm, credit institution, portfolio manager etc.).

If, after this, your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, you can contact the Ombudsfin, the Ombudsman in financial conflicts, who will assume the role of impartial mediator between you and your financial institution.

You can also address your complaint to us, the Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA). As supervisory authority, we will assess your complaint and, where necessary, take action. Please be aware that we are not able to intervene between you and your financial institution, nor can we provide you with the results of our assessment.

Complaints relating to consumer credit or mortgages can also be addressed to other authorities.