Consumer credit

If you have a complaint about consumer credit, we advise you first of all to contact the complaints department of the credit provider and/or credit intermediary in question.

If your complaint is not resolved through that channel, you can contact Ombudsfin, the Ombudsman for financial matters, who will assume the role of impartial mediator between you and your credit provider/credit intermediary.

You can also address your complaint to the FPS Economy, SMEs, Self-Employed and Energy (FOD Economie/SPF Economie). As supervisor authority, it will assess your complaint and, where necessary, take action. Please note that the FPS Economy cannot intervene between you and your credit provider/credit intermediary, nor can it inform you of the results of its assessment.